VERMONT PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER | JOHN BRADY
John Brady has 27 years of litigation and trial experience in state and federal courts. He has tried numerous cases to jury verdict , and countless other cases which have resolved short of verdict, and has been lead counsel on 16 appeals.
John has been practicing law since 1991, initially in Boston, Massachusetts and since 1993 primarily in Vermont. John was the president of the Windsor County Bar Association from 1996-2002 and is past Chairman of the Vermont Bar Association’s Tort Liability Committee. While with the Boston Firm Clinton & Muzyka, P.C., before moving to Vermont, John represented clients and insurers involved in maritime and civil litigation.
John holds Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating, AV Preeminent, for the highest level of professional experience. He is also an associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
John volunteers his time to serve as acting small claims court judge in Windsor County (Woodstock, Vermont).
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy – 1986
- Suffolk University Law School Boston, Massachusetts 1991 cum laude
- 1999 New Hampshire
- 1993 Vermont
- 1991 Massachusetts
- U.S District Court MA 1992
- U.S District Court VT 1995
- U.S. District Court NH 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit 2010
- Chapman v. Sparta, 167 Vt. 157 (1997)
- Smith v. Nationwide, 2003 VT 61
- Mead v. Western Slate, Inc., 2004 VT 11
- Hickory v. Morlang, 2005 VT 73
- Progressive Ins. Co. v. Wasoka, 2005 VT 76
- Boehm v. Willis, 2006 VT 101
- Boomhower v. Huntington, 2007 VT 130
- Tateosian v. State of Vermont, 2007 VT 136
- Oppenheimer v. Curtis, 2008 VT 78
- Lenoci v. Leonard, 2011 VT 14
- Quincy Mutual Fire Ins. Co. v. Crispo, 80 Mass. Ap. Ct. 484 (2011)
- Foley v. Stevens, 2012 WL 288055
- Martindale-Hubbell http://www.martindale.com/John-E-Brady/1723408-lawyer.htm